A Florida fugitive charged with sexually attacking 2 children over the span of a number of years has actually been jailed in Connecticut, federal authorities said.

Maurice Lewis, 33, was busted Wednesday in Branford in connection to child sex abuse charges in Florida, the US Marshals Service announced Thursday on Twitter.

Lewis, who was sought on a warrant released in August, was taken into custody at a gas station after detectives tracked him to the location. He was jailed without incident, the Stamford Advocate reported late Wednesday.

Lewis was charged by the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office with 2 counts of raunchy or lascivious molestation of a minor after a lady informed Florida deputies in 2017 that he had actually inappropriately touched her 9- and 17-year-old kids, according to an affidavit obtained by the New Haven Register.

The lady reported one of her kids informed her the man– later on identified as Lewis– had actually molested her since they resided in Connecticut more than 2 years earlier, the affidavit states.

Authorities in Florida continued to include additional officers near the woman’s home to make sure Lewis– who had been residing in a vehicle in her driveway with her authorization at the time– didn’t go back to the home, authorities said.

The woman’s children accused Lewis of sexually abusing them for several years, consisting of instances when they resided in Connecticut. One of the kids alleged the attacks occurred over the span of seven years, the affidavit states.

The female told detectives she found out Lewis left Florida after she reported the alleged abuse, perhaps back to Connecticut, authorities stated.

An investigator later spoke with Lewis on the phone in May 2017, at which point he stated was living in south Florida with a buddy but guaranteed to set up a time to meet her, the affidavit states.

Lewis failed to return the call and the investigator reached him once again about a month later on, when he assured to met her in the coming days. He then failed to show up a 2nd time and changed his phone number, authorities said.

Lewis, who remains in custody of Connecticut State Police, is now waiting for extradition to Florida, the New Haven Register reports.